Thursday 12 March 2015

Bangkok Nightlife

With those invigorating thoughts of two fanciful days, i reached bangkok back.............

I started searching a hostel to dump my luggage in Khao san Road, after checking many hostels, lucky to get a private room for 400 Bhats in busy streets of koh san road, which was quite expensive though compared to budget standards, I decided to go with it as i was running out of time, I dumped my backpack, and quickly changed myself and stepped out to explore Bangkok's nightlife without even knowing what to do where to go, before that i really wanted to quench my hunger, so found an Indian restaurant, it was owned by a Punjabi fellow, ordered some roti’s and geera Rice, Geera Rice is the cheapest food you get in bangkok's Indian restaurants, I hired a taxi and asked him to take me to Sukumvit road, I have heard it is the best hangout place at nights in Bangkok from my Swedish friends, driver was very friendly, he advised me to see ping pong show which is one of the known show in Bangkok, I never knew what kind of show it was?, so agreed, he took me somewhere near Ratchathewi, the entry fee was 1000 Bhats, and I asked him that what’s the show all about, hearing him explain the show sounded stupid so I decided to quit, frankly I was only interested in understanding about the exciting nightlife for which people get pulled over from different parts of the world, i asked my taxi driver to take me directly to sukumvit, when i thought i was going to sukumvit, he interrupted again mentioning about the best pub nearby and asked me if i mind taking a look at it? I dint mind having a look at it, he took me to Shock 39, 

but the receptionist asked me for a cover of 300 Bhats, i chose to enter and asked taxi driver to wait for me, there were some 100 thai girls dancing to the random trans music which was too loud to hear anyone in the whole quarter, and I could site only Indian(male) visitors, I just waited to see why it was only crowded with Indian males, waited for an hour, and my taxi driver approached me and asked if i wanted to leave, but I din wanted to until I see the fact that why only Indians are attracted towards this pub, I decided to chao him paying 200 bhats, as i was waiting i found a couple sitting in one of the corner table, it was an odd thing to notice a foreign couple, I approached them, they were very friendly, we got friends in no time, they hailed from turkey, I don’t remember both of their names as the music was too loud, they told they came here to have a beer and swing to the loud music, since they were put up in one of the nearby hotel and they were an week old in Bangkok, I started sharing my experiences so far in Thailand, and then we chose to step out for a walk and i couldn't digest the fact that we spoke for 2 hours and that too with a foreign couple whom I am meeting for the first time, I forgot my main agenda of knowing why only Indian(males) are here in this pub, The experience of making new friends at regular intervals was priceless, finally around 3:30AM we parted our ways, and took taxi to our destinations, they asked me whether I wanted to join for a shopping tomorrow at chatuchak market?, I wished i could but i had to refuse since i had planned phathaya already for my bungee jumping adventure for tomorrow.
I reached my hotel  around 4:00AM, and the khao San road was still alive, i could locate tons of foreign backpackers dancing on the street, all the street shops were still open n occupied, it never gave me a feel that it was 4:00 in the morning, rather than taking a nap i decided to go for a fish spa and relax for sometime watching those lively streets, went back to hotel around 5:00AM seeking some sleep for the adventurous next day in phathaya.
my mobile battery was drained, no watch, but thinking that i was awake well within the time,quickly got ready, reached reception and i glanced at the wall clock, it was 2:00PM, I busted out my laugh thinking about my situation, many question were swirling on my mind, I decided to hurry grabbing some pad thai(It’s a dish with fried vegetables and noodles added to it) on my way, I chose to hire a bike taxi to Ekamai Bus Terminal which falls in the eastern part of Bangkok, buses operates from 6:00AM to 11:00PM at this terminal to pattaya, he  and  I offered 100 Bhats to the bike fellow, and he agreed thinking i was asking for a ride to nearby metro station by understanding my hand signals as he dint have any clue about the language i was speaking, after we reached metro station, i was fighting with him and he was not having any clue what i needed, i made a taxi guy to make him understand that i wanted to go to Ekamai, finally i was in Ekmai, but he demanded 200 bhats as it was pretty far than the place he agreed for, I gave 120 Bhats and thanked him, and moved away without even turning back, next bus to phathaya was scheduled at 3:15PM, I brought my tickets which costed120 Bhats predicting that the bus would reach before 5:00PM in phathaya, Bus was air conditioned with basic seating facility, my next seat was occupied by a pretty thai girl, who was studying bachelors in phathaya university, my travelling time was killed talking to her, it was 5:30PM when I reached phathaya, I went to the local Tour Guide office which was next to the bus station, they were very helpful, they greeted so well which I never encountered in my entire Thailand tour by any local authorities, I quickly asked them the fastest way to reach Pattaya Bungee Jumping, they advised me to take a bike ride from the bus terminal, one of the officer came with me and hired me a bike taxi for 100 Bhats.
All the way I was praying that the bungee counter is not shut and i will be able to do my lives first bungee jump.

to be continued................

Signing off
Backpacker Shravan

No comments:

Post a Comment